Now Join the Doctor of Medicine Program in Malaysia:
The Doctor of Medicine is
1. Accredited by Malaysian Medical Council and listed by World Health Organisation.
2. Located in capital city of Kuala Lumpur.
3. Multinational student population with students from 110 countries.
4. Leading private Malaysian university: top Tier 5 rating by Malaysian Qualifications Agency and top 250-350 in Asia (QS Asia Ranking)
5. International pathways
a. US Medical Licensing Examinations: students have the option to proceed to US for specialist training and housemanship after obtaining the USMLE. UCSI will facilitate students’ preparation for the USMLE which can be taken in Malaysia.
b. Research opportunity in Harvard: Top 2 students after their second year will be selected by Harvard for a one year research year in Harvard. Two batches have had this experience; they came back with renewed enthusiasm and with published papers, published together with professors in Harvard. They are now completing their remaining 3 years of our MD program. Apart from that, this denotes that Harvard recognises our two years of the MD program.
c. Pathway to Melbourne University: After the third year, top students may be selected by University of Melbourne, Australia for a one-year program in Melbourne for a research and clinical programme towards the BMedSc(Melb.). After completing this program, the students will come back to complete our MD program. AS such, when they graduate, they’ll be graduating with TWO degrees – MD (UCSI) and BMedSC (Melb.). The program denotes that Melbourne University, one of the top 20 universities in the world in the field of Life Sciences, recognises our first 3 years of our MD program
d. Students can enjoy live teaching sessions that are conducted regularly by the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh which enable them to share insight and build their network.
e. UCSI’s fourth-year medical students may opt for an elective posting at the University Medical Centre of Groningen that runs the third best medical programme in the Netherlands.
f. Visiting Professors from world’s top universities eg Harvard, King’s College London and Monash Melbourne.
The breakdown fee as below :-
– Application fees – RM3,130 including the EMGS Visa fee, medical insurance (1st year) and post-arrival medical check up upon student’s arrival to Malaysia.
– Registration fees (1st year only) – RM450
– International Administration Fee (1st year only) – RM4,000
– Refundable Deposit (1st year only) – RM1,000
– Insurance (per annum – for visa renewal) – RM530 ( x 4years = RM2,120)
– Tuition fees – 322,575 (5 years)
– Facilities fees 1st – 2nd year – RM11,150
– Facilities fees 3rd – 5th year – RM17,400
– Total 5 years – RM361,825 (5years programme)
In between this you can take an exam with USMLE 3 level exam for Residency as Specialist in USA:
Part 1 – End of year 2
Part 2 – End of year 3
Part 3 – End of year 5
It means after 5 years graduation is you complete the USMLE all part 3, you are eligible for the US Residency to pursue your specialist in the any Hospital in the USA. As for this they will pay USD2,500 per month for the specialist study in the Hospital.