The CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualification, awarded by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), is the only globally accepted certification for internal auditors and remains a standard by which individuals can demonstrate their competence, professionalism and ethics in the field of internal auditing.
The IIA is the internal audit profession’s global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator. Members work in internal auditing, risk management, governance, internal control, information technology audit, education, and security.
To qualify as a CIA, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree [or]
- 2 years’ post-secondary education and 5 years’ relevant work experience [or]
- 7 years’ relevant work experience (if you do not have a Bachelor’s degree)
INTERNAL AUDIT BASICS
- IIA mandatory guidance
- Internal control and risks
- Tools and techniques for conducting audit engagements
INTERNAL AUDIT PRACTICE
- Managing the internal audit function
- Managing the individual engagement
- Fraud Risks & Control
INTERNAL AUDIT KNOWLEDGE ELEMENTS
- Risk Management
- Organizational Structure & Business processes
- IT/Business continuity
- Financial Management
- Global Business Environment
The CIA exams are computer based and consist of 125 MCQ’s for part I and 100 MCQ’s each for parts II and III
- The part 1 exam is 2.5 hours long and parts II and III are 2 hours each.
- The pass marks for the CIA exams is a scaled score of 600 for all three parts which equates to an approximate pass rate of 75% per part.
TUITION FEES COURSE DURATION
Part 1: 4000 AED 40 hours
Part 2: 4000 AED 40 hours
Part 3: 6000 AED 60 hour